NEW YORK WORKERS COMPENSATION AND EMPLOYERS LIABILITY MANUAL DIGEST - SECTION III -
- Stores principally engaged in the retail selling of posters or framed prints. Assign Code 8017 “Retail Store NOC – No Service of Food.”
- Stores principally engaged in the wholesale selling of posters or framed prints. Assign Code 8018 “Wholesale Store NOC.”
- Stores principally engaged in the retail selling of art supplies. Assign Code 8017 “Retail Store NOC - No Service of Food.”
- Stores principally engaged in the wholesale selling of art supplies. Assign Code 8018 “Wholesale Store NOC.”
- Stores principally engaged in the retail or wholesale selling of antique jewelry. Assign Code 8013 “Jewelry Store.”
- Stores principally engaged in the retail or wholesale selling of antique coins or stamps. Assign Code 8013 “Jewelry Store.”
- Stores principally engaged in the retail or wholesale selling of antique furniture. Assign Code 8044 “Furniture Store - Wholesale or Retail - & Drivers.”
- Restoration of paintings. Assign Code 4352 “Engraving.”
- The manufacturing of metal picture frames. Assign Code 3381 “Silverware Mfg.”
- The manufacturing of wood picture frames. Assign either Code 2881 “Furniture Assembly – Wood – From Manufactured Parts” if no power machinery used or Code 2817 “Cabinet Works – NOC – With Power Machinery” when power machinery is used.
- Retail stores engaged in selling framed pictures, also makes frames on special order for individual customers, all hand work - no power machinery. Assign Code 8017 “Retail Store NOC - No Service of Food.”
- The framing of pictures - no frame manufacturing. Assign Code 4307 “Bookbinding.”
- The operation of an Art school. Assign Codes 8868 “School - Professional Employees & Clerical” / 9101 “School or College - All Other Employees & Drivers.”
- The operation of an Art museum. Assign Codes 8838 “Public Museum- Professional Employees - Includes Attendants & Ushers” / 9101 “Public Museum - All Other Employees & Drivers.”
- Auction Operations. Assign Code 8090 “Auctioneers & Outside Salespersons.”
- Art Appraisal Operations not performed by Art Gallery employees. Assign Code 8720 “Inspection of Risks for Insurance or Valuation Purposes NOC.”
8068 Art Gallery & Clerical
Applies to wholesale or retail sales of artwork.
Includes appraising of the artwork on the premises of the art gallery.
Operations Covered This classification applies to the operation of an art gallery. The sales may be wholesale or retail in nature and the art featured may consist of one or more types of art such as:
Antique Maps Installation Art Photography Drawings Lithographs Sculptures Historical Artifacts Paintings
The sales of the artwork can be sold either on a wholesale or retail basis. Artwork may be purchased directly from artists or others and displayed in a gallery, store front, showroom or office type setting. The salesperson may assist customers with their selection and will process the transaction. The artwork may be taken directly by the customer or packed and shipped by the gallery staff to a specific designation specified by the customer.
Operations Not Covered